The use of paid agents for recruiting international students is an increasing but controversial practice. In this webinar we will discuss issues and approaches to using agents, some of the practices to look for (and to look out for!), and practical ways to find and to work with recruitment agents and agencies.
- What is an agent?
- Deciding if agents are right for your school
- Finding agents (if they don’t find you first)
- Selecting and vetting agents
- Accreditation and other issues etc.
- Considerations when preparing agency contracts
- Supporting the agent’s success
- Questions and some answers
Presenter: Ward Deutschman
Ward Deutschman is a consultant in regulatory affairs to small colleges, and serves as an accreditation team chair for the New York and New Jersey state education departments. He has recently retired after working as PDSO/RO for 5 years, during which he was a founding Board member of Study New York. He holds an Ed.D. in Educational Administration and has been in college administration for many years.
Some of the posts he has held with various colleges include: Provost, Associate Vice President, Dean of Admissions, adjunct Associate Professor of Computer Science and adjunct Associate Professor of Education.