- BUY ONE PACKAGE DISCOUNT AND GET HALF OFF ANOTHER ONE!
- These programs have sufficient registration to run!
- A certificate of completion is awarded upon completion of the full J-1 Essentials Program (J-1 Level I and any J-1 Level II).
November 5th - J-1 Level I - Introduction to J-1 Exchange Visitor Status and Program Designation
This workshop has been created for those who seek a thorough introduction to J-1 Exchange Visitor Status and Program Designation because they are new to the duties of a responsible officer or because their institution is considering applying for J-1 program designation. We will address issues such as:
- Benefits of having a J program
- J categories pertinent to academia
- Regulations associated with each category
- Your school’s responsibilities for maintaining a J program
- Entering the U.S. in J-1 Status
- Differences between J, F and H classifications
December 3rd - J-1 Level II - Student Program Implementation
This workshop is designed for SEVIS Responsible and Alternate Responsible Officers who are at the Intermediate level of proficiency with a general understanding of the Exchange Visitor Program and SEVIS or who completed J-1 SEVIS Essentials – Level I. A certificate of completion is awarded upon completion of Level I and any Level II.
- Government issues
- Program administration
- Student sub-categories
- Selection process and criteria
- SEVIS and completion of the DS-2019 for a student
- Visa issues
- Pre and post information
- Maintaining status
- Ending vs termination
- Change of status
- Correction of the record
- Student employment
Trainers: Gwyneth A. Smith, Director of the International Students and Scholars Office at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Sal Longarino, Director, Office of International Services, Fordham University, Jesse Ruhl, Attorney in private practice and IETS trainer
Location: ZOOM Meeting
Sal, Director of J-1 Training, serves as Director of the Office of International Students and Scholars at Fordham University. Previously, he directed the OISS at New York University for 7 years. Sal was NAFSA's national CAFSS (now called KC-ISSS) chair. He is a past chair of NAFSA's Region X and a past member of One To World’s Board of Directors. He is also currently NAFSA's New York State Whip for Advocacy and NAFSA's Alternate Representative to the DPI/NGO at the UN.