Save $250 off Early Bird Discount prices or $507 off regular workshop prices by registering with this package.
- BUY ONE PACKAGE DISCOUNT AND GET HALF OFF ANOTHER ONE!
- Discount already applied below
- Package deal is only available until September 13th.
- Early Bird discounts do not apply to packages.
F-1 SEVIS ESSENTIALS – LEVEL I
September 25-26, 2019
This workshop is designed for the SEVIS Designated School Official at an institution of higher education* who advises prospective international students about studying in the U.S. and F-1 status, as well as, issues the Form I-20 to enable the student to get the F-1 student visa abroad and into the U.S.. We will cover everything involved in becoming an F-1 student as well as your school's responsibilities as an F-1 approved school.
- Advising Prospective International Students
- Introduction to School Certification and SEVIS
- Issuing the Form I-20
- Becoming F-1:
- Obtaining the F-1 Visa and Entering the U.S.
- Overview of Changing Status to F-1
F-1 SEVIS ESSENTIALS – LEVEL II
October 16-17, 2019
This workshop is for DSOs who are responsible for SEVIS reporting and advising F-1 students throughout their enrollment. It covers all the requirements and procedures F-1 students must follow to maintain their status while in the U.S,. as well as how to travel abroad and return to school safely. Your institutional F-1 SEVIS reporting requirements throughout the student's stay are also thoroughly addressed. Prerequisite: F-1 SEVIS Essentials, Level I or its equivalent in experience.
- Maintaining F-1 Student Status
- Transferring Schools and Changing Education Levels
- Travel and Re-entry
F-1 SEVIS ESSENTIALS – LEVEL III
November 20-21, 2019
This final F-1 SEVIS Essentials workshop focuses on how an F-1 student may regain status following a violation of status, as well as employment benefits. Participants must have completed F-1 SEVIS Essentials, Levels I and II or have the equivalent knowledge in experience.
- Regaining F-1 Student Status
- Introduction to Employment; On-campus Employment
- Practical Training : Regular Optional and Curricular
- Severe Economic Hardship Employment
Trainer Name: June Sadowski-Devárez
Location: The Watson Hotel, NYC
June, President, brings more than 30 years of experience to IETS with a specialty in federal regulations pertaining to F-1 students and compliance issues for higher education. She specializes in simplifying complex immigration regulations, policies and procedures for practical application in academic settings. In 1988, while serving as Assistant Dean/Director of International Student and Scholar Services at St. John's University, June identified the need for resources and training for administrators in her position. She founded IETS in 1990 to fill this need for international educators and to improve the delivery of services in the profession. June holds a Master of Arts degree in Student Personnel Administration in Higher and Adult Education from Teachers College, Columbia University.
Phone: (718) 445-9744